Monday, May 21, 2007

Day 2 of my foray into the blogging world!!! If you haven't noticed by now I subscribe to the ... style of writing. I could edit myself on it...but then I can't write as freely...so if you are reading...get used to it!!! I bought myself a bike last week. I had hinted about it for a long time...hoping my b-day or mother's day gift might be a bike...but no bike was under the tree for me either day...so I went to "look" at bikes on Monday following Mother's day. I started at Sports LTD which is a pricey store I found out later. I was looking for a cruiser, with a basket (preferably wicker if they had it), and I wanted speeds and of course an age appropriate seat (wide and comfy). They had one of everything there...pink, purple, blue, striped, polka dotted. I was only browsing so I imagined myself on any of them...none were really calling my name. The last row of bikes was next...and there it was...the bike of my dreams. Let me say that the last new bike I purchased was when I was around 7. Since then I have hand me down bikes, picked one up at a yard sale, never brand spanking new like these gleaming beauties! Not throwing a pity party here...I LOVE to save money and always look for bargains and the thought of spending alot of money on an extravagance always sends me into a tizzy-but I am working on that!!! oops back to the bike of my dreams...there it was...It was subtle in it's beauty and revealed it's finer qualities to me slowly. The wicker basket was first...lined in a fun scandinavian floral print. Then my eyes went to the seat. Embossed white leather with red leather lacing...wait the handlebars had the same white leather with red laces streaming from the ends. I could picture them in the wind slapping my wrists on my ride. The overall color was a dark teal with brown...but everywhere I looked there was handpainted details. Flowers!!! Insignias that were part fleur de lys and part tattoo artist detailing. Ok...this was the bike of my dreams...then I saw the wheel spokes....RED!!! Contrasting with the wide white wall tires they screamed RED!!! I realized I could never consider another bike after this. But was it a bike with speeds...well yes...It was a 3 speed!!!!!! I only had a little time so I asked the clerk to write the name and price down for me so I could consider it and come back...maybe....He wrote the name...GYPSY 3!!!! All the stars lined up just then!!!! BUT...I did my wow that is alot of money...more than I have paid for a couple of my cars back in the day!!! I told him I may be back...I headed to pick Megs up and called my Shannon...told her what I had been doing and she said...MOM...she actually probably said MOTHER...GO BACK AND GET THAT BIKE FOR YOURSELF... YOU HAVE BEEN WORKING YOUR *&# off you DESERVE IT!!! I grinned and thought well...YOU ARE RIGHT. Made a phone call or two...and called the bike shop...HOLD THAT BIKE!!! I hadn't even ridden it yet but already knew how it would make me feel. But I am out of time so I'll have to talk about that next time...ttfn

2 comments:

Kitty said...

Only two entries and you have me hook, line and sinker. I was there with you finding that bike. Maybe a picture for your blog? Would love a visual of the basket!

Shannon said...

Hey now, did I really say "*&#" as in "...WORKING YOUR *&# off you DESERVE IT..."?!? I really think I am creative enough to come up with better words... :) So glad I could encourage you to do what you already knew you should be doing :)