Tuesday, May 22, 2007

The feeling

Well...I am sure day 3 passed...so sorry...but hello...I am a business owner these days...entrepeuner as they call me...but here is my number three blog, my 3rd blog, etc. As I mentioned, I really knew how my new bike was going to make me feel(but I envisioned pure joy) , and as usual, I felt guilty. Hmmm...need to work on that issue too. I feel guilty when I feel great-what is up with that??? My bike sat at the Plant Barn a few days, but that was ok...I spun around to the back (Chico Propagators) and rang the bell...oh did I mention the bell? It sounds like....DIIIINNNGGG......DOHHHNNNGGGGGG.....Loud and clear. They all laughed and giggled at the crazy lady who bought the Plant Barn riding a colorful bike through the gravel. I was just plain happy. I can't explain why it brought me such joy...maybe deep down...I am just such a simple gal. My parents brought me out of the "OC" but maybe I really am a Lassen County girl!!! That bike just makes me smile...but sadly I couldn't figure out a way to get me, my car, and my new bike home. My Da came by the Plant Barn to drop some things off...and said well if you don't need anything I will take off and do whatever he does for (insert one:Library, Seniors, irrigation district, and whatever else)...I said...well I would love to get my bike home, would you mind taking it? Of course he was honored to be given the "honor"-acutally it seemed like he really was...My Dad "gets" my bike purchase...and for that I love him more...if that was possible. So, now my bike was home!!! The first day I couldn't figure out how I would get Megs to school, go to work, run to costco, pick up groceries and make Megs game by 6. Harumph....the next day ended up the same....BUT...the next day...I said nothing is getting in my way!!! I thought about the grad party I wanted to make an appearance to, the banking I still needed to do, and of course, wondering when and how I would get lunch??? I woke up, Showered, put my hair in a pony tail, and realized...ohhhh....miss megs is home...would she want to join me? I asked, She agreed....so there we went. Did I tell you it is about 6+ miles to work? Not that it is a looooonnnnng way. But hey! I had pictured myself riding along, timing the route for future rides, and of course hoping I would make it to work on time...since Miss Megs took a little longer than expected to get ready! But you know what...another ride was in store for me. Miss Megs is my little one. She is a hard nut to crack...a mystery at all times. A thinker...but leaves you wondering just what she is thinking. She's not an open book by any means and getting in takes tactical maneuvers. She is witty, kind, and sweet. She has so much to offer in intellect, wisdom, and comedic relief-it just takes a jack hammer to get there. BUT....that ride was different for both of us....First, the air...it's all around you...no airconditioning on a bike, but we could not have been more comfortable. Next...smells...no...not smelly smells....scents...our ride to town was filled with scents. Lavendar, freshly mown hay, soapy scents from people washing their cars in the driveway...We breathed it in...I made Megs take a deep breath...Such a mom thing to do. Sights along the way...wow...I saw houses I had never seen. Noticed newly planted gardens and even some trash left alongside the roadway. So much to see, and notice, that I had not noticed in my drives along the same road. BUT, the very best part of the drive??? Miss Megs and I talked...I realized quickly this girl opens up when you are doing something together-duh-she is my athlete...my competitor...not that the other two aren't she just is wired to compete. So...side by side we rode, and talked. It felt so amazing, the breeze, the sun, the ride, everything I imagined. We rolled along and talked. I saw cars, houses, people, gardens, but it was just Megs and me, having a chat. I am easily distracted-ask anyone who knows me...but with all of that...I just listened...and smiled and was thankful for the opportunity to be just tooling along on a bike on a saturday am...with my daughter. NOone could have orchestrated such a perfect moment. BUT it happened and it was soooo real, and so wonderful...my ride home was almost as great or better...but I am tired...so ttfn!!!

1 comment:

Steven said...

Nice story! But...did you get the lock? Gotta have a lock!

dad